Recently, Drew purchased a boat and wanted to share some things to consider when buying a boat. Maybe if you are in the same boat, these thoughts can assist you with your boat purchase.
- Know what you want.
- Know what you are willing to pay or can afford.
- Look at a few boats. Talk to dealers and look online.
- Once you find a boat, inspect it. Look at the boat, motor, and trailer.
- Look up the value on NADA or Kelly Blue Book. Get the value of the boat, motor and trailer.
- Is the seller throwing in any accessories? batteries, trolling motor, life jackets, anchors, electronics, etc.
- Once you’ve settled on a price, check the title. Does the title have a lien against it? If so, check needs to be made payable to the seller and the bank.
- Good Luck!